Duo for two shinobue with my student in Paris

KANDA NOZOMI MUSIC WEBSITE  
Follow Nozomi's activities on FACBOOK TWITTER@KANDANOZOMIMSC

Hire is a duo with one of the students during the Tsunagari TaikoCenter's concert last year in Paris.


It is difficult to find the shinobue music & score when you don't speak, read & write Japanese because most of them are only in Japanese. Even though, I hope that this Japanese instrument and its musical aesthetics, which is very different from the occidental one, will be known in the world. Not to deny the occidental music (which I love) but to enrich our musical idea & our musical life.

I started to teach this Japanese flute because I know that I cannot expand this instrument alone. Luckily, I play this flute with my excellent colleagues at many places in Europe and people appreciate our performance and its sound but still we cannot say that this instrument and its music are now known in Europe.

Analysing the history of music in Japan from the end of the 19th century, the occidental instruments are expanded because there were many learners and not because a lot of musicians came to Japan to play for their concerts. Actually also because the Japanese government at that time pushed people to learn occidental culture... but of course I don't expect the French or Belgian government to push people to come to my "Atelier de flûte". 

So surely it goes slower than what happened in Japan at that period, but still, I feel more powerful than 3 years ago because of my students who love to play this instrument and perform with or without me at different events :-)

excerpt from the article on Facebook "Atelier de flute" Hire is a duo with one of the students during the Tsunagari TaikoCenter's concert last year in Paris.

It is difficult to find the shinobue music & score when you don't speak, read & write Japanese because most of them are only in Japanese. Even though, I hope that this Japanese instrument and its musical aesthetics, which is very different from the occidental one, will be known in the world. Not to deny the occidental music (which I love) but to enrich our musical idea & our musical life.

I started to teach this Japanese flute because I know that I cannot expand this instrument alone. Luckily, I play this flute with my excellent colleagues at many places in Europe and people appreciate our performance and its sound but still we cannot say that this instrument and its music are now known in Europe.

Analysing the history of music in Japan from the end of the 19th century, the occidental instruments are expanded because there were many learners and not because a lot of musicians came to Japan to play for their concerts. Actually also because the Japanese government at that time pushed people to learn occidental culture... but of course I don't expect the French or Belgian government to push people to come to my "Atelier de flûte". 

So surely it goes slower than what happened in Japan at that period, but still, I feel more powerful than 3 years ago because of my students who love to play this instrument and perform with or without me at different events :-)

Comments

Popular Posts